“Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” Post Office
- Opportunity Knocks replaces Sunday Announcements. This week there are no contest/competition announcements
- Links to articles, events and news of interest to poets and writers are regularly published on The Poet by Day FaceBook Page.
- You are welcome (encouraged) to share your work and announcements on The BeZine Arts and Humanities FaceBook Group Discussion Page.
- Submissions to The BeZine, June 2019 issue are open. Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed announcement will post soon. For now: June 2019 issue, Deadline June 10th. Theme: Sustainability; September 2019 issue, Opens for submission July 1st, Deadline September 10th, Theme: Human Rights/Social Justice
- SEPTEMBER 28, 2019 is 100,000 POETS FOR CHANGE, GLOBAL, 2019 and THE BeZINE 100,000 POETS FOR CHANGE VIRTUAL EVENT
- Join us for this week’s WEDNESDAY WRITING PROMPT
CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS
AGNI ONLINE, a literary publication of Boston University, publishes essays, fiction, hybrid, and poetry and is open for submission through May 31st. No submission fees. Paying market. Details HERE.
THE CHERRY TREE, a National Literary Journal @ Washington College, publishes poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and literary shade and is open for readings between August 1 and October 1 (mark your calendar). Payment: $20 and copies. No submission fee. Details HERE.
BLACK WARRIOR REVIEW, a publication of the MFA Program in Creative Writing at University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, publishes fiction, nonfiction, poetry, comics, and art twice yearly. The next reading period is June 1 through September 1 (market your calendar). Submission fee. Paying market. Details HERE.
HYPERALLERGIC describes itself as offering a “playful, serious, and radical perspective on art and culture in the world today.” Details on how freelancers can pitch ideas are HERE.
LEMON THEORY, The Digital Magazine “Our Troops,” publishes the work of “officers, responders and those who make the community a safer place. This doesn’t have to be United Sttes based, we want to publish stories on an international standpoint.” English only. No submission fee. No payment. Details HERE.
LUNCH TICKET, the online literary and art journal of the MFA Program at Antioch University, publishes creative nonfiction, fiction, flash prose, literary translation, visual art, and writing for young people. No submission fee. No payment. Details HERE.
NARRATIVE MAGAZINE publishes poetry, fiction and nonfiction and has open calls in several categories and others that will open shortly. Entry/submission fees. Cash awards. Paying Market. Further details HERE.
SPRY LITERARY JOURNAL is looking for “concise, experimental, hybrid, or flashy” work “modern … vintage.” This journal publishes creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, flash, and art. No submission fee. Details HERE.
ZiN DAILY, Literature Happens Every Day is “the living document and online creative laboratory of ZVONA i NARI, where literature happens every day. ZiN Daily is specifically looking for boundary- and border-crossing work that illuminates underexplored connections between different segments of culture. Send us work that will electrify our readers, as we build a common platform for mutual solidarity and exchange.” This publication based in Ližnjan, Croatia is open to submissions from writers around the world writing in “Bosnian, Croatian, English, French, German, Italian, Montenegrin, Serbian and Slovenian, or any playful combination of these languages.” ZiN Daily publishes stories, essays, articles, reviews, and poems. No submission fee. No payment. Details HERE.
THERE ARE NO CONTEST/COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENTS THIS WEEK.