WRITING WEST MIDLANDS (U.K.) needs haikus for their exchange at the International Dance Festival Birmingham in May 2016. DEADLINE: Thursday 21 April 2016 at 5pm Details HERE
JULIEN POIRIER poetry reading and talk celebrates the release of City Lights Spotlight No. 14, City Lights Books, San Francisco, April 19, 2016, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM Details HERE
NEW YORK CITY POETRY FESTIVAL will be held on Governors Island, “a 172 acre island in the heart of New York Harbor, is only 800 yards from Lower Manhattan, and even closer to Brooklyn. It is a world unto itself, unique and full of promise.” [Sounds like heaven to me! Also, this year is the 100th anniversary of Governors Island, so there might be some other fun events going on as well.]. July 30 & 31, 2016 Details HERE
QUEENSLAND POETRY FESTIVAL is scheduled for August 25-28, 2016. Their site is HERE, but they haven’t put any details up yet.
KALAMAZOO POETRY FESTIVAL is scheduled for April 15-16, 2016, Details HERE
THE 4TH CASCADE POETY FESTIVAL IN SEATTLE is scheduled for November 3-6, 2016. I believe they may still be looking for presenters. Details HERE
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
SLINK CHUNK PRESS a new publication (on-line, four issues to date) looks like the folks there are doing some unusual things. In addition to poetry, they publish short fiction, flash fiction, creative nonfiction, art and videos. Check it out HERE and see if it’s for you.
WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY (N.J.), Map Literary Rachel Wetzsteon Chapbook Award is open for submissions. DEADLINE: July 30, 2016 Details HERE
32 POEMS is a print publication in its thirteenth year an publishes thirty-two short poems twice a year, May and November. They charge a reading fee ($3 at this writing). Submissions guidelines are HERE.
THE HUDSON REVIEW founded in 1947 is a quarterly arts and literature magazine published in New York. For poetry: DEADLINE: June 30, 2016 Details HERE
THE 3288 REVIEW is a quarterly publication of Caffeinated Press. They accept poetry in “Any form, and up to 10 poems per submission. If you would like to submit more than ten, we invite you to consider bundling them and submitting to Caffeinated Press for publication as a book. Also note that we have strict design guidelines which may affect how we break long poems across multiple pages.” DEADLINE July 1, 2016. Details HERE
NATIONAL GUERRILLA POETRY MONTH: David Loret De Mola invites guerilla poets to take part in “Guerrilla” Poetry Month by sending in your videos.“Whether you rap or you slam ZFG invites you and yours to take part in Guerrilla Poetry Month 2016! Just film your piece and send links to ZFGpromotions@gmail.com or hit us @ZFGpromotions. Find out more at http://www.ZFGpromotions.com
We look forward to hearing from you!”
IMAGE: ART, FAITH, MYSTERY founded in 1989 is published quarterly, electronic and print. Sponsors FELLOWSHIPS.
- Poetry Is Art, but Poetry Slams Are Sport, Bound by Pages of Rules, New York Times
- Rare Shakespeare’s First Folio found in Scottish isle, BoingBoing
- How to Give a Professional Poetry Reading, about.education, adapted from Gary Mex Glazner’s book How To Make a Living as a Poet (Soft Skull, 2005)
- Listen to the fabulous Ebba Rose reading poems by the equally fabulous, Silva Zanoyan Merjanian. Enjoy! It’s a treat. HERE
- Most popular feature on The Poet by Day this week: Light in the Shadow, one poet’s journey
REMINDERS FROM PAST WEEKS
- KIBATEK (The Turkish Literary Foundation established in 1998 in Turkey) plans its 40th Literary Festival this year in Dubai, from 1st till 4th June 2016 Details HERE
- LITERARY PUB OR PERISH Stickyz Rock N’ Roll Chicken Shack, Little Rock AR, Details HERE
- Download a free copy of The Woven Tale Press Selected Works HERE
- The April 15th issue of The BeZine will celebrate poetry month. Contributing Editor, Michael Dickel, is the lead for this issue.
THE POET BY DAY
Submit your event, book launch and other announcements at least fourteen days in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Publication is subject to editorial discretion.