Some fun with English vocabulary . . .
“The Greek word for “return” is nostos. Algos means “suffering.” So nostalgia is the suffering caused by an unappeased yearning to return.” Milan Kundera, Ignorance
Courtesy of Inklings Bookstore, Facebook Page; I think it might have originated with Icegate Magazine; and thanks to Anjum Wasim Dar (Poetic Oceans) for bringing this to my attention.
- Did you know these things had names?, Barnorama
- Did you know the names of these careers?, Dictionary.com
- Did you know these 51 cities also have nick-names?, FunBuzzTime
- About /Testimonials / Disclosure / Facebook / Medium / Ko-fi
- 2020 Poet Laureate of Womawords Literary Press
- The Wombwell Rainbow interviews Jamie Dedes
Your donation HERE helps to fund the ongoing mission of The Poet by Day in support of poets and writers, freedom of artistic expression, and human rights.
Poetry rocks the world!
FEEL THE BERN
For Peace, Sustainability, Social Justice
Maintain the movement.
“Democracy is not a spectator sport.”
“Every pair of eyes facing you has probably experienced something you could not endure.” Lucille Clifton