THE SUNDAY POESY: Opportunities, Events and Other News & Information
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
CROSSROADS POETRY SERIES MANUSCRIPT, Reading fee: $15.00 USD, $20.00 CAD DEADLINE 12/1/2016. “The Crossroads Poetry Series is … seeking book length collections of poems that are a minimum of 50 pages in length for publication in 2017. We hope to publish at least 2 collections of work. Only one poem per page and single spaced. All selected manuscripts will be awarded a book contract (with the possibility of a second book contract), $250, 10 copies, 8% royalties, and a primary run of 500 copies. All submissions must be accompanied by submissions fee or they will not be read. Simultaneous submissions are welcome providing that you notify us if your manuscript is to be published elsewhere. We look forward to reading your work.” DETAILS HERE
CALAMARO, a print poetry magazine, accepts submissions year round – formal as well as free verse – from 2 – 30 lines. DETAILS HERE
PROUD TO BE: WRITING BY AMERICAN WARRIORS (anthology) Deadline: June 1, 2016 (postmarked). No reading fee. 5 categories for the contest, $250 prize in each: Short Fiction, Poetry, Interview with a Warrior, Essay, Photography. Details HERE.
SECOND LIGHT OPEN POETRY COMPETITION for Long and Short Poems for Women! “Second Light is a very generous and encouraging organisation. Here’s a chance for longer poems, with magazine publication and a London reading as well as the prizes! Entry by post or email – and I [Alison Blackenbury] will read all entries.” Closing date 31 August. DETAILS HERE
THE AKRON POETRY PRIZE “was founded to bring to the public writers who speak in original and compelling voices. Each year, The University of Akron Press offers the Akron Poetry Prize, a competition open to all poets writing in English. The winning poet receives $1,500 and publication of his, her, or their book. The final selection will be made by a nationally prominent poet. The final judge for 2016 is Allison Joseph. Other manuscripts may also be considered for publication in the series. SUBMISSIOS ACCEPTED between April 15 and June 15 DETAILS HERE
THE AURORA PRIZE for Awakening Humanity: On behalf of the survivors of the Armenian Genocide and in gratitude to their saviors. The Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity will be granted annually to an individual whose actions have had an exceptional impact on preserving human life and advancing humanitarian causes.
- The Aurora Prize Laureate will be honored with a US $100,000 award.
- That individual will have the unique opportunity to continue the cycle of giving by selecting an organization that inspired their work to receive a US $1,000,000 grant.
- The Aurora Prize will be awarded annually on April 24 in Yerevan, Armenia
- Selection Committee: George Clooney, Co-Founder, Not On Our Watch, Humanitarian, performer and film maker; Elie Wiesel, President of the Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity, Nobel Laureate; Vartan Gregorian, Co-Founder, 100 LIVES, President of the Carnegie Corporation of New York;; and, Leymah Gbowee: Nobel Laureate, Liberian peace activist and women’s rights advocate
- THE CREATIVE NEXUS™ arts aggregate publishes a new edition weekly HERE
- THE BeZINE April issue was published on the 15th and celebrates interNational Poetry Month HERE.
- WOVEN TALE PRESS is currently celebrating Poetry Month HERE.
- SAVANNAH BOOK FESTIVAL is February 16-19, 2017, keep watching their site for details.
- 100,000 POETS FOR CHANGE (100TPC) registration is HERE if you want to organize an event in your area
- THE BeZINE (HERE) theme for the May issue is Books that Changed Our Lives. Submit one or two paragraphs on a book that changed your life and why along with a two-line bio to email@example.com DEADLINE May 10, 2015.
- 101st ANNIVERSARY OF THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE is today. Silver Merjaian’s commemorative poem, Rape of Arevik is HERE
- THE BeZINE submission guidelines HERE
- SECOND LIGHT NETWORK OF WOMEN POETS submission guidelines for ARTEMISpoetry HERE
THE POET BY DAY SUNDAY POESY
Submit your event, book launch and other announcements at least fourteen days in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Publication is subject to editorial discretion.