Last call for “The BeZine” October submissions; Logo Contest: Tell the Story of Gun Violence
“Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here!” J.K. Rowling,
THE BeZINE submissions for the October 2017 issue – themed Music – are open and the deadline is October 10th. Send submissions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Publication is October 15th. Poetry, essays, fiction and creative nonfiction, art and photography, music (videos or essays), and whatever lends itself to online presentation is welcome for consideration. No demographic restrictions.
Submissions of work on your country and its history and culture are welcome no matter your citizenship, national origin, first language, religion or lack thereof. The more diverse the representation, the better. English only or accompanied by translation into English. Please check out a few issues first and the Intro/Mission Statement and Submission Guidelines. We DO NOT publish anything that promotes hate, divisiveness or violence or that is scornful or in any way dismissive of “other” peoples. The lead for the October issue is Sheffield poet and musician, John Anstie (My Poetry Library and 42).
- Thoughts and Guidelines on the Call for Submissions to the October Issue of “The BeZine” themed Music, by John Anstie
- Heads-up on the November zine: The theme is Hunger, Poverty and Working-class Slavery. Deadline: November 10.
- Beginning January 2018, we’ll move to a quarterly format with themes and – possibly – subthemes. Reader suggestions for subthemes are welcome. Email me at email@example.com
Note: I’ll consider previously published work as long as you hold the copyright. / J.D.
LOGO CONTEST: Guns Don’t Save People, Poets Do
Asking yourself: What can I do about horrors like Las Vegas and Sandy Hook? Give your thoughts a platform, be apart of the solution…design our GUNS DON’T SAVE LIVES, POETS DO2017 logo. Facebook friends, fans and followers will be the judges. Send entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOUNDER: EVELYN AGUSTO
DEADLINE: December 1st, 2017
ABOUT THE POET BY DAY
- The Poet by Day, an information hub serving poets and writers
- Coffee, Tea and Poetry, Simple Pleasures for Body, Mind and Spirit … “I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.” Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground