- The Lexi Rudnitsky/Editor’s Choice Award is an annual collaboration between Persea Books and The Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Project. It is open to any poet who has previously published at least one full-length book of poems. The winner receives an advance of $1,000.00, publication of his/her collection by Persea, and a stipend of $1,000 for expenses related to the promotion of the collection (e.g. travel to and from readings). DEADLINE: 9 March 2016
- The 2016 Pinch Literary Awards
Sponsored by the Hohenberg Foundation
December 15, 2015 – DEADLINE: 15 MARCH 2016
1st Place in fiction, nonfiction, and poetry each receive $1000.
- The Robinson Jeffers Tor House 2016 Prize for Poetry (Scroll down in newsletter for details) DEADLINE: 15 MARCH 2016The annual Tor House Prize for Poetry is a living memorial to American poet Robinson Jeffers (1887-1962)
$2,000 for an original, unpublished poem not to exceed three pages in length. $200 for Honorable Mentions.
- Main Street Rag Publishing Company: Cathy Smith Bowers Chapbook Contest, The inaugural Cathy Smith Bower Chapbook Contest will open in 2016. DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED
- DEADLINE: May 6, 2016, Writer’s Digest Annual Writing Competition 85th Annual Writing Competition for a chance to win and have your work be seen by editors and agents. The winning entries of this writing contest will also be on display in the 85th Annual Writer’s Digest Competition Collection. Categories include rhyming and nonrhyming poems.
- The Bezine – Submission Guidelines and Mission Statement
- Boulevard is accepting submission through May 1 of this year. Details HERE.
- The deadline for submissions to ARTEMISpoetry, a publication of Second Light Network of Women Poets is November 2016 issue is 31 August 2016. Demographic restrictions.
- HEADS-UP: Residents of Swindon UK
- THE NEXUS CAFE™ – TODAY!
Join poet Natasha Head (The Tashtoo Parlour) and poet and “poetry champion,” Jamie Dedes (The Poet by Day and The BeZine) for a radio chat about online poetry connections and community … Also on the program are: poet and photographer, Roger Allan Baut (Chasing Tao), artist Matthew Hatt (Matthew Hatt and Calculated Kaos), poet Susie Clevenger (Butterly Poet, Blog 4 Peace, and Confessions of a Laundry Goddess) and others.
On 28 February 2016, Sunday, at 2:00 p.m. ET
3 p.m. AT – 1 p.m. CT – 12 p.m. MT – 11 p.m. PT
- POETRY UNBOUND:
HEADS-UP: Berkeley, CA and the San Francisco Bay Area
March 6, as below and poet bios are HERE.
- SEEING THE TRUTH ARRIVE:
HEADS-UP: Carmel CA, Monterey County
Friday, March 11, 7:30
Seeing the Truth Arrive
A reading of the poetry of Muriel Rukeyser and Robinson Jeffers and their own work by Kathryn Petruccelli and Elliot Ruchowitz-Roberts
Carl Cherry Center for the Arts
Guadalupe and Fourth Carmel, Carmel
Admission: $15 Co-sponsored by the Carl Cherry Center for the Arts For reservations: 624-7491, firstname.lastname@example.org. MORE
- Every Second Friday, James Street North Art Crawl, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada: visit, connect, be inspired. If you don’t live in Hamilton, search out art crawls in your area. They’re good for the soul.
- March is Black History Month in the United States. To honor the month, the people and our shared history, The Poet by Day, will shine its light on a number of Black American poets.
- interNational Poetry Month, A Celebration of The BeZine is in April, publication date April 15.
- The next issue of ARTEMISpoetry, a publication of Second Light Network of Women Poets, will come out in May.
- Matt Pasca’s Raven’s Wire launched yesterday. The book is now available on Amazon. Link HERE to The Poet by Day book review and interview with Matt
- Grabbing the Apple (JBStillwater, 2016), an anthology of poems by New York Women Writers, editors Terri Muuss and Mary Jane Tenerelli, will launch in March.
- American-Isreali poet, Michael Dickel (Fragments of Michael Dickel and War Surrounds Us, Is a Rose Press, 2015) made .Kred’s “Most Influenctial Bloggers” list. Michael is also a member of The BeZine core team and the lead for The BeZine, 100,000 Poets for Change project.
- Cannoness to The Bardo Group Bequines (publishers of The BeZine), Terri Stewart (Beguine Again) completed the final interviews and gained a recommendation to become an ordained elder in full connection within the United Methodist Church. Look for news in May when the final vote of the full Board of Ordained Ministry affirms the recommendation.
DISTANCE LEARNING CLASSES
Poet and founder of Second Light Network of Women Poets (SLN), Dilys Wood, announced the launch of the second in the Series of Second Light ‘Remote’ Workshops. Dilys says these are suitable for individuals at home or for working in groups. As with their first series (based on our 2014 anthology Her Wings of Glass), this Series has eight workshops, based on SLN’s 2015 anthology Fanfare.