Opportunity Knocks: Calls for Submissions, Competitions
The year we shaped our lives in the redwood forest,
you brought a wounded salamander inside to heal.
We gathered woodsy things, thistles and pinecones.
We made rose-hip syrup, dried the last of the herbs.
I decorated the cabin in an ensemble of earth tones,
a spicy blend to match the fires you built in the hearth
and the scent of the East in the ma’amoul baking. Our
seasonal hibernation was swathed in sweets and books.
Our winter warmed on the gold-dust of our love.
© 2016, Jamie Dedes
- Opportunity Knocks replaces Sunday Announcements.
- Links to articles, events and news of interest to poets and writers are regularly published on The Poet by Day FaceBook Page.
- You are welcome (encouraged) to share your work and announcements on The BeZine Arts and Humanities FaceBook Group Discussion Page.
- Submissions to The BeZine, June 2019 issue will open in April. Look for announcements mid-to-late April.
CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS
BULBUL, an annual of art and literature affiliated with Brown University’s Middle East Studies Program, seeks submissions that reflects that region’s cultures including poetry , prose, photography, visual arts, translations, and audio visual. Now submission fee. No Payment. Deadline: May 1, 2019. Details HERE.
ELECTRIC LITERATURE is an online publication offering several potential opportunities for publication. The following are current or upcoming …
- April 1 – April 7 – general fiction submissions to “Recommended Reading”
- through April 1 – poetry and graphic narrative for “The Computer”
Submission Guidelines HERE.
NONBINARY REVIEW, The Zoetic Press Journal of Literature, seeks poetry and visual arts on theme for upcoming issues:
Issue #21: The Works of H. G. Wells
Issue #22: The Odyssey by Homer
No submission fee. Paying market. Details HERE.
THE SUBURBAN REVIEW is open for submission of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and comics through 18 April 2019. No submission fee. Paying market. Details HERE.
2019 CRAB CREEK REVIEW POETRY PRIZE is open through through May 15, 2019. Entry fee. Cash award. Details HERE.
THE LORAINE WILLIAMS POETRY PRIZE 2019 of The Georgia Review is open through May 15. Entry fee or subscription purchase. Cash award. Details HERE.
MARSDEN THE POETRY VILLAGE COMPETITION is themed “together” and closes on 1 June 2019. Entry fee. Cash awards. Details HERE.