“Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It’s that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that’s what the poet does.” Allen Ginsberg
Don’t forget this past WEDNESDAY WRITING PROMPT. It’s an important one. You have until Monday night at 8 p.m. PST to respond. All are welcome to participate and the work shared on theme will be published here on Tuesday, November 7th.
The next Wednesday Writing Prompt will post as usual on November 8th.
Sunday Announcements will return on November 12th.
The BeZine deadline is coming up:
THE BeZINE call for submissions
The November 2017 issue – themed Hunger, Poverty and Working-class Slavery – is now open and the deadline is November 10th. Send submissions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Publication is November 15th. Poetry, essays, fiction and creative nonfiction, art and photography, music (videos or essays), and whatever lends itself to online presentation is welcome for consideration. No demographic restrictions.
Submissions of work on your country and its history and culture are welcome no matter your citizenship, national origin, first language, religion or lack thereof. The more diverse the representation, the better. English only or accompanied by translation into English. Please read at least one issue and the Intro/Mission Statement and Submission Guidelines. We DO NOT publish anything that promotes hate, divisiveness or violence or that is scornful or in any way dismissive of “other” peoples.
The BeZine is a gift of life and love and an entirely volunteer effort. It is not a paying market but neither does it charge for submissions or subscriptions.
I do consider previously published work if you hold the copyright and I encourage submissions from beginning and emerging poets and writers as well as pro. / J.D.
The BeZine fosters understanding through a shared love of the arts and humanities and all things spirited; seeks to make a contribution toward personal healing and deference for the diverse ways people try to make moral, spiritual and intellectual sense of a world in which illness, violence, despair, loneliness and death are as prevalent as hope, friendship, reason and birth. Actively supports peace, environmental sustainability, social justice and a life of the spirit.
THE BeZINE NEWS:
- The October music issue of The BeZine is available for reading.
- HEADS-UP ON THE DECEMBER ISSUE OF The BeZine: the theme is Spirituality (Spiritual Paradigms, Awakenings, Miracles). Deadline: December 10.
- Beginning January 2018, we’ll move to a quarterly format with themes and – possibly – sub-themes. Your suggestions for sub-themes are welcome. Email me at email@example.com
Thank you for your patience. Poem on my friends …
ABOUT THE POET BY DAY
- The Poet by Day, an information hub serving poets and writers
- Coffee, Tea and Poetry, Simple Pleasures for Body, Mind and Spirit … “I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.” Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
- The BeZine, founding and managing editor
- Beguine Again, regular contributor
- Second Light Network of Women Poets, professional affiliation